It is always a lot of fun to pack a car, crank up a podcast, and get out on the road. Traveling with family or friends in the car is more encouraging. Someone likes to travel without family or friends, or for a business trip. But in travel time, most families go out to dine in a restaurant. If you travel then try to make your own healthy food not only to save money but also to experience something new, fun and different. You can travel in a car for your family, packing food for their better health and enjoyment.
Some of the best meals to pack for a car trip:
Here are some of the best food for traveling in a car that can keep you healthy and happy:
- Veggie and Fruit: Veggies and fruits are the healthiest foods when you go out for a walk. Some veggies like cauliflower flowers, broccoli flowers, baby carrots, snap peas, hummus and celery sticks are good food for your health. Apples, cherries, mangoes, bananas, grapes are fruits that you should keep with you for your journey.
- Pepper Popcorn: Popcorn is a great choice for car travel. You can focus on a handful and on the road without much enthusiasm. This is one of the more delicious food that you take easily.
- Mini Roasted Vegetable Burritos: Vegetable burritos are easy to hold with one hand and are a perfectly roasted delicious vegetable. This recipe has red and green roasted peppers, cumin, sour cream and cheddar cheese for added flavor.
- Butternut squash and goat cheese hand pies: You should try out butternut squash and goat cheese hand pies for a great breakfast and easy to take on the road. Cumin, coriander was added to it; Butternut squash and goat cheese make it delicious.
- Cheese Cracker: These homemade cheese crackers are very good when you travel in a car. You can replace whole grain or spiced flour to make the cheese cracker more nutritious and the mixture of onion powder makes it delicious.
- Crackly Sugar Cookies: Sometimes you want some sweet snacks while traveling in a car. Crackly sugar is much better for you than any packaged cookies. 4
- Homemade Veggie Chips: Homemade veggie chips are a great health supplement like potato chips. It is so easy to snack that you can make it easily at home. First of all, you should use a mandolin to make the veggies thin, uniform vegetable slices and then fry them. You can try carrots, beets, parsnips, etc. to make veggie chips.
- Banana Chips: Banana chips are easy to pack and a much safer snack. You can try adding different spices to it and increasing the amount of heat until you find your perfect mixture.
- Peanut Butter Sandwich: Peanut butter is a healthy source of protein and fat and is an ideal combo to keep you relaxed. Use it with wheat bread to reap all the benefits of carbohydrates.
- Tamarind Trail Mix: The tamarind trail mixture is packed with protein and is a mixture of normal peanuts and raisins. Cumin, cayenne pepper, coriander, tamarind paste, and tomato paste add a ton of interesting flavor and chopped dried mango is a delightful addition. Every trip with a sumptuous breakfast helps you savor your adventure. Those foods can make you feel comfortable, healthy, and fit for travel.