Best way to Chandigarh to Shimla
There are many routes to reach Shimla from Chandigarh. This includes travel by flight, bus, train, or personal taxi or Shared Taxi.
India’s railway network is the largest in the world. However, our railway infrastructure is surrounded by our large population and fast-growing economy. We strongly suggest booking your train tickets ahead of time. Traveling by train from Chandigarh to Shimla can be a wonderful experience if you are patient and ready for the experience. Railways are facing stiff competition from road transport.
Traveling by bus from Chandigarh to Shimla can be a great option. Various bus services are available from Chandigarh to Shimla. Travel time by bus depends on the traffic, roads, and climatic conditions of India.
Traveling by taxi from Chandigarh to Shimla is the most comfortable option. The best option for easiest & fastest traveling short distances (150–300 km) is to hire a car. However, if you want to go on a one-way trip, it is best to hire a cheaper driven one-way cab. If you are looking for a taxi that is dedicated to your use then you can also find one. If you are keen on a low-cost option then it may be cheaper to go by a shared taxi / carpooling bus or train from Chandigarh to Shimla. A group of 2-3 passengers can travel by a sedan car and is most commonly a quick door-to-door transport, the most comfortable and cheaper than the same group purchasing AC train or AC bus tickets. When booking a one-way taxi from Chandigarh to Shimla, you will have to book 5-10 days in advance to get the cheapest rates.
Distance and time for travel between Chandigarh and Shimla
The distance from Chandigarh to Shimla by car is about 114 kilometers. The approximate travel time from Chandigarh to Shimla by dedicated car is 4 hours 10 minutes. Please budget between 30-60 minutes for traffic delays.
What is the best taxi service from Chandigarh to Shimla?
There are many outstation taxi services that you can book offline or online. Best is a relative term and it depends on what you like as a traveler. Most Customers prefer comfort, quality service at affordable prices. When you can open yourself up to the risk of operators cutting corners in service and opening themselves up with hidden charges, be careful when trying to avoid for the lowest priced or cheapest taxi.
Why use Musafir Taxi from Chandigarh to Shimla?
Our mission is to provide the best comfort cab with a verified driver. Traveling by Musafir Taxi, you will have a lot of fun. When booking an Inter-City Taxi, we know what goes through your mind:
We offer our customers the chance to connect with the best taxi service by providing safe and cost effective services. We have a strong base of customers worldwide. So please give us a chance to serve you. If you book a taxi online, you will also get a call to confirm the booking. You will receive a call to confirm the booking
- You need to search for reliable inter-city taxi providers.
- You need to talk to at least 3-4 car operators, compare and get the best price and reputation.
- You must decide whether that operator will provide good service and time commitment.
- You must ensure that the car will be in good condition, comfortable, commercially licensed with all required permits.
Find the best prices, best services, well maintained and professionally licensed vehicles, and courteous drivers with us! With our carefully and diligently chosen network of reliable operators, we not only ensure easy booking, quality service, and best prices but also eliminate cancellations. All this with ease of self-booking process through web and mobile apps supported by 24×7 tele helpline. So just book with us and allow us to make you happy 🙂
What is the best time to hire a car with driver from Chandigarh to Shimla
When renting a car from Chandigarh to Shimla, it is best to book at least 1-2 weeks in advance so that you can get the best price for a quality service. Last-minute fares are always expensive and there is a high probability that service will be compromised as even the taxi provider is limited to whatever vehicle is available at their disposal.
What to look for when you book an outdoor cab from Chandigarh to Shimla or any Outstation route
- You should ensure that a commercial taxi (yellow license plate) is being provided. Only commercial vehicles can legally transport passengers from one city to another. Commercial passenger vehicles have yellow color license plates and are required to have the necessary transportation permits.
- Find out if the route you will travel has a toll. If yes, then tolls are included in your booking quotation
- State taxes are payable when you are crossing state boundaries. Get a quote, preferably with state taxes, in which you are again at risk of a scam. Most taxi operators will pay for the monthly or annual state tax on the routes they are usually servicing. By getting an inclusive quote, you are giving this benefit to you. By obtaining a quote where taxes are excluded, you will have to pay the taxi operator and may not receive a receipt for the same.
- Price is great but service is what matters. So try to focus on service at an affordable price. When you go for the cheapest, you will end up with what you pay for.
Very little about Shimla
Shimla is the capital of the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh, which is located in northern India. It is bounded on the north by Mandi and Kullu, on the east by Kinnaur, on the south-east by the state of Uttaranchal and on the south by Solan and Sirmaur. The height of the city ranges from 300 to 6000 meters. Shimla is known as a hub for the tourism sector of India. It is one of the top 10 favorite entrepreneurial places in India. Apart from being a local center of transport and trade, Shimla is the health center of the region, which hosts a medical college and four major hospitals. The Kalka-Shimla railway line built in 1906 increased the reach and popularity of Shimla. The rail route from Kalka to Shimla has more than 806 bridges and 103 tunnels. In 2008, it became part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Indian Railways.